Friday, April 9, 2010

My reasons for a raise

The appraisal season is here. I think it is just the right time to put down my reasons for needing a raise, apart from the very obvious reason that I have done an excellent job at work. They are very valid and you will agree so, once you are done reading this post. I am sure to garner some well-deserved sympathies too.

It is not out of greed or the ever increasing wants and desires, which we mortals so susceptible to, that I ask for a raise! No! The reasons are quite different indeed.

I am afflicted with the 'I lose things' syndrome. Yes I do. And 'I conk things' syndrome  too. Things start malfunctioning or stop working altogether, when they come within the radius of my aura.

I have lost a mobile phone in the past month. I have lost many silver earrings. Some I have smashed, unknowingly of course. And many more nosepins. And silver is not cheap, is it?.

 The sound card of my laptop is not working. They say I will have to replace the mother board.

I just spent a whooping sum on getting new lenses for my spectacles, which I had bought for a whoopwhooping sum of money not so very long ago. The lenses are costly too these days; worth more than silver I must say! The old lenses just got scratches all over themselves overnight. I positively could not have done anything to them at night while I was fast asleep.

And I have lost four mobile pouches in the span of a week. All of them, I swear by it, just disappeared into thin air.

 I have to get my watch repaired. Yes the poor thing was a casualty of my man-handling, I admit. But I was just trying to set time.

 I have some problems with my new mobile(Yes, already!).

My footwear don't like my feet or may be it is the other way around. But they just don't last.

Earphones, I buy them like a million a year.

And did I tell you about "I forget to take the ticket-change" syndrome. It is not like a buck or two that I forget to ask back for, but it is in the range of a hundred or so.

And yes, my IPod is missing and even the hands-free of my cell. Hoping they will just come and sit on my bed coyly, as they sometimes do. These "things" have a life of their own, I tell you.

And have lost many a pen-drives of all sizes, 2GB, 4GB, et. al. I have stopped buying them. I have come up with a law of my own correlating the portability of an article with the probability of losing it. "The portability of an article, is VERY directly proportionate to the probability of losing it". The degree of VERINESS depends upon your predisposition to lose things.

Yes, there you go. My reasons for a "sustainable" raise.

9 comments:

chandru said...

you definately need a good rise..

Pallavi said...

Thanks ya chandru..... Atleast
I have friends like you who support me.... Ofcourse I didn't mean monetary support now, did I?... ;)

Maanasi said...

Yes Fallu, I agree that they shd stop making portable articles, all tof them you buy shd come with an option of being screwed some where or you get screwed :)

Pallavi said...

@maanu: hehehe........ So right you are... :)

Wandererhere said...

Hey pallu,
I totally agree with u.. All earthlings deserve a raise in their salaries and people who think v dont deserve are sadist. What say???
BTW reading ur mail helped me enhance my shopping list ;)))

Pallavi said...

hehe... yeah totally true...
And ya, we can go shopping together, hike or no hike!

Wandererhere said...

awesome.. good idea.. but it will have to wait for a month as i leaving for US next weekend.

Pallavi said...

oh che madhu.... kai kott bityalla! :(

Wandererhere said...

illa kane, swalpa postpone aythu, ashte ashte. lets go after 17th may